Thanks for being interested on sponsoring videos on my channel.
My channel isn’t the largest on the YouTube platform by any means, but I truly value the relationship I’ve built with my community over the past few years and hundreds of videos.
“Sponsored” content is rare on my channel. If I choose to work with a company, it will always be because I actually use the product or service myself and genuinely trust the company to provide excellent customer service and support. More importantly, I will always make it abundantly clear that such content is sponsored.
Most of the equipment and products I use and review have been purchased by me, but sometimes I will rent or borrow equipment for a video. Offering free products in no way guarantees a positive review (or even a review/video at all). Just like with sponsorships, I’m extremely selective about accepting anything for free.
All that being said, there are a few additional points I’d like to make just for the sake of clarity. I’ve made all of this info publicly available to viewers and companies alike so that we’re all on the same page:
• My content is my own. I create and produce each video based on what I’m excited about and what I think will be relevant/helpful to my audience at the time.
• My reviews are always objective and my opinions are always my own.
• I do not submit previews of videos to anyone for approval or revisions. No exceptions.
• I have full control over my content calendar. While I’m happy to work collaboratively when possible for scheduling, no outside party can pay or otherwise influence me in return for scheduling priority.
• Just because a product is provided to me at no cost does not mean I will review it or feature it in a video.
• I do not review “preproduction” versions of products/software.
• I appreciate when companies offer information about their products/services, but I will only include what I think is relevant and necessary.
• I will work to seek answers for anything about a product/service that I don’t fully understand.
• I’m more than happy to let others share my videos, as long as the post links directly to the original video uploaded to my YouTube channel.
• If I find myself considering a sponsored campaign of any kind that includes other creators, I will only participate if there is a representative and equal mix of genders/ethnicities.
• I do not guarantee any number of views or any amount of audience engagement on any videos. While I want every video to do well, there are too many variables beyond my control for me to make any claims regarding potential viewership.
• Finally, and this one may seem a bit odd, I do not participate in embargo “wave” releases. Sometimes new products are sent to creators in advance to be tested and so that a video can be ready as soon as the product is publicly released or announced. Not only do I find these often lacking in authenticity– they annoy me. I don’t expect anyone to watch something that I wouldn’t want to watch myself.
Thank you for taking the time to read and understand my Ethics Statement. This probably doesn’t cover every possible scenario under the sun, but it should give you a pretty solid idea of how highly I value the integrity behind what I do and the relationship I’ve built with my community.
I just want to keep having fun making videos, and that disappears without these guidelines.
As always, if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me via email